Cluster Agent Commands and Options
Cluster Agent commands
The available commands for the Datadog Cluster Agents are:
- Gives an overview of the components of the Agent and their health.
datadog-cluster-agent metamap <NODE_NAME>
- Queries the local cache of the mapping between the pods living on
NODE_NAME, and the cluster level metadata they are associated with, such as endpoints. Not specifying the
NODE_NAME runs the mapper on all the nodes of the cluster.
datadog-cluster-agent flare <CASE_ID>
- Similarly to the node-based Agent, the Cluster Agent can aggregate the logs and the configurations used and forward an archive to the support team, or be deflated and used locally. Note: this command runs from within the Cluster Agent pod.
Cluster Agent options
The following environment variables are supported:
- Your Datadog API key.
- Hostname to use for the Datadog Cluster Agent.
- Sets the
env tag for data emitted by the Cluster Agent. Recommended only if the Cluster Agent monitors services within a single environment.
- Port for the Datadog Cluster Agent to serve. Defaults to
- Enables cluster level metadata mapping. Defaults to
- Configures the Agent to collect Kubernetes events. Defaults to
false. See the Event collection documentation for more details.
- Activates leader election. Set
true to activate this feature. Defaults to
- Used only if leader election is activated. See the details in the leader election section. Value in seconds, 60 by default.
- 32 characters long token that needs to be shared between the node Agent and the Datadog Cluster Agent.
- Configures the namespace where the Cluster Agent creates the configmaps required for the leader election, event collection (optional), and horizontal pod autoscaling.
- Name of the Kubernetes service through which Cluster Agents are exposed. Defaults to
- Frequency (in seconds) for querying the API server to resync the local cache. The default is 5 minutes, or
- Timeout (in seconds) of the client communicating with the API server. Defaults to
- Port for fetching expvar public variables from the Datadog Cluster Agent. Defaults to port
- Time waited (in seconds) to process a batch of metrics from multiple autoscalers. Defaults to
- Maximum age (in seconds) of a datapoint before considering it invalid to be served. Default to
- Aggregator for Datadog metrics. Applies to all autoscalers processed. Choose from
- Size of the window (in seconds) used to query metrics from Datadog. Defaults to
- Rate to resync local cache of processed metrics with the global store. Useful when there are several replicas of the Cluster Agent.
- Enable Cluster Check Autodiscovery. Defaults to
- Additional Autodiscovery configuration providers to use.
- Additional Autodiscovery listeners to run.
- Cluster name. Added as an instance tag to all cluster check configurations.
- Name of the instance tag set with the
DD_CLUSTER_NAME option. Defaults to
- Time (in seconds) after which node-based Agents are considered down and removed from the pool. Defaults to
- Delay (in seconds) between acquiring leadership and starting the Cluster Checks logic, allowing for all node-based Agents to register first. Default is
- Adds extra tags to cluster checks metrics.
Additional helpful documentation, links, and articles: