Record steps with a custom User-Agent
Some implementations lead applications to render a certain way only when using a specific
User-Agent string (for example, when using a mobile
User-Agent). In these cases, you need to set the
User-Agent header to a custom string to be able to record your browser tests' steps in your application. To do so:
- Open your application in a pop up by clicking on Open in Popup in your browser test recorder.
- Open your Chrome Developer Tools.
- Click on the menu button with the three vertical dots.
- Select the More tools - Network conditions option.
- Go to the Network conditions tab and disable the Select automatically option.
- Choose Custom and enter the
User-Agent string of interest.
Note: You can override the default
User-Agent string at test execution time by adding it as a header in your test configuration.
Additional helpful documentation, links, and articles: