iOS Web View Tracking
Real User Monitoring allows you to monitor web views and eliminate blind spots in your hybrid iOS and tvOS applications.
You can perform the following:
- Track user journeys across web and native components in mobile applications
- Scope the root cause of latency to web pages or native components in mobile applications
- Support users that have difficulty loading web pages on mobile devices
Set up the web page you want rendered on your mobile iOS and tvOS application with the RUM Browser SDK first. For more information, see RUM Browser Monitoring.
Instrument your web views
The RUM iOS SDK provides APIs for you to control web view tracking. To add Web View Tracking, declare the following as an extension of
trackDatadogEvents(in hosts: Set<String>)
- Enables RUM event tracking in a web view for certain
- Disables RUM event tracking in a web view. When a web view is about to be de-allocated or you are done with the web view, call this API.
Access your web views
Your web views appear as events and views in the RUM Explorer with associated
source attributes. The
service attribute indicates the web component the web view is generated from, and the
source attribute denotes the mobile application’s platform, such as iOS.
Filter on your iOS and tvOS applications, and click a session. A side panel with a list of events in the session appears.
Click Open View waterfall to navigate from the session to a resource waterfall visualization in the view’s Performance tab.
Additional helpful documentation, links, and articles: