This feature is in open beta. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
to ask questions or to provide feedback on this feature.
Notification Rules allow you to configure scenarios when specific stakeholders should always be automatically notified of an incident. You can use Notification Rules to ensure key stakeholders are always made aware of high priority incidents or to notify external systems whenever a new incident is declared or updated.
Configuring Notification Rules
To configure a new Notification Rule:
- Go to the Notification Rules section of your Incident Settings
- Click New Rule
- Pick your notification recipients. Notifications can be sent to any of Datadog’s existing notification integrations.
- Pick the Incident severities you want notifications to be sent for. By default, a rule will notify your recipients on any incident severity.
- Choose whether you want recipients to be renotified when an incident changes its status.
- Click Save
Example: Set a Notification Rule to automatically notify executives whenever a SEV-1 incident is declared and when that incident moves through different states of progression.
Managing Notification Rules
In the Notification Rules section of your Incident Settings, you can perform the following operations to manage your Notification Rules.
- Search - Filter your list of Notification Rules by their recipients
- Toggle - Enable or disable any individual Notification Rule by switching the toggle in that Rule’s row in the list
- Copy - Hover over any individual Notification Rule and click the Copy icon button next to the Rule’s toggle
- Delete - Hover over any individual Notification Rule and click the Delete icon button next to the Rule’s toggle