Search and Manage Synthetic Tests
You can access, search, and manage all of your tests on the Synthetic Tests page.
By using facets, you can accomplish the following actions:
- Search for specific Synthetic tests
- Investigate every CI/CD job execution to identify and troubleshoot failing test runs
- Keep track of the progress of your tests in CI/CD pipelines
- Identify flaky tests to fix
- Manage your tests with bulk actions
- Monitor events to track changes to your Synthetic Monitoring configuration
Search for tests
The Synthetics Filters panel on the left lists default facets you can use to search for your tests.
The default facets include the following:
|The type of Synthetic test: |
|The Synthetic test status: |
|The creator of the Synthetic test.|
|The managed and private locations the Synthetic test is running from.|
|The state of the Synthetic test: |
|The handle used by the Synthetic test for notifications.|
|The environment the Synthetic test is running on.|
CI/CD Execution Rule
|The status of the test run: |
The Tags panel below Synthetic Filters lists several default tags you can use to identify your tests.
The default tags include the following:
|The team responsible for responding to the Synthetic test.|
|The tag assigned to the Synthetic test.|
|The service the Synthetic test is running on.|
|Whether or not private locations are enabled: |
For more information, see Using Tags.
Create a search query
Search for tests by clicking on the facets to the left or by writing your own custom query in the search bar. As you edit the query, your search results update in real time.
When you select and deselect facets, the search bar automatically reflects your changes. Similarly, you can modify the search bar query or write a query from scratch in the search bar to select and deselect the facets on the left.
- Search on free text: Enter your text in the search bar to search on a test name.
- Search on a single facet: Click a facet value to create a search query that includes only that facet value. For example,
type:api. To add another value of the same facet to your search, click on an additional value’s checkbox. You can also add the additional value with an
OR Boolean operator and wrap the values using quotes and parentheses. For example,
type:("api" OR "api-ssl").
- Search on multiple facets and text: Click on facet values from different facet types to customize a search query that filters for multiple facets. For example,
type:api region:aws:us-east-2. You can also mix facets and text. For example,
checkout type:browser. Although invisible, the
AND Boolean operator is applied when searching on multiple terms.
- Search on message: Add a message to create a search query that filters on your tests’ notification messages configured in the test monitor. For example,
- Exclude facets or text: Click on an already-filled checkbox to deselect a facet value or prepend a term with
- to exclude it from the search query. For example,
- Perform custom matches: Use wildcards (
*). For example,
To search on a type of Synthetics test, select the test type under the Type facet.
Manage your Synthetic tests in bulk by selecting one or more tests on the Synthetic Tests page and clicking Edit Tags, Run Tests Now, or Delete.
Hovering over a test populates option icons on the right such as
Run Test Now,
Edit Recording option is available for browser tests.
Creating, adding, and deleting Synthetic tests, global variables, and private locations generates events in the Events Explorer. Events describe changes that occurred and display the users who performed the changes.
Find all Synthetics-related changes by searching for your test monitors’ alerts in the search bar, or by selecting an event type under the Event template variable. For example,