Database Monitoring is not supported for this site.
Datadog Database Monitoring provides deep visibility into databases across all of your hosts. Dig into historical query performance metrics, explain plans, and host-level metrics all in one place, to understand the health and performance of your databases and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
Datadog Database Monitoring supports self-hosted and managed cloud versions of Postgres and MySQL. To get started with Datadog Database Monitoring, configure your database and install the Datadog Agent. For setup instructions, select your database technology:
Explore Datadog Database Monitoring
Navigate to Database Monitoring by clicking APM > Databases in the UI.
Dig into query performance metrics
The Query Metrics view shows historical query performance for normalized queries. Visualize performance trends by infrastructure or custom tags such as datacenter availability zone, and set alerts for anomalies.
- Identify slow queries and which queries are consuming the most time.
- Show database-level metrics not captured by APM such as rows updated/returned.
- Filter and group queries by arbitrary dimensions such as team, user, cluster, and host.
Explore query samples
The Query Samples view helps you understand which queries are running at a given time. Compare each execution to the average performance of the query and related queries.
- Identify unusually slow but infrequent queries not captured by metrics.
- Find outliers in a query’s execution time or execution cost.
- Attribute a specific query execution to a user, application, or client host.
Understand before you run
Explain Plans help you understand how the database plans to execute your queries.
- Step through each operation to identify bottlenecks.
- Improve query efficiency and save on costly sequential scans on large tables.
- See how a query’s plan changes over time.
Visualize everything on enriched dashboards
Quickly pinpoint problem areas by viewing database and system metrics together on enriched integration dashboards for both self-hosted and cloud-managed instances. Clone dashboards for customization and enhancement with your own custom metrics. Click the Dashboards link at the top of the Query Metrics and Query Samples pages to go to the Database Monitoring dashboards.
Additional helpful documentation, links, and articles: