Quick Graph is currently in beta.
You can use Quick Graphs to graph your data from anywhere in Datadog.
Open the Quick Graphs editor with any of the following:
G on any page.
- The global search (
- The dashboards submenu.
Graph your data
To query metrics, follow this process outlined in Dashboard Querying:
- Choose the metric to graph.
- Aggregate and rollup.
- Apply additional functions.
This section provides a brief overview of querying event platform data sources such as Logs, APM, RUM, Security, Events, CI Pipelines, CI Tests, and Findings. Choose the event data source using the dropdown which is defaulted to Metrics.
To query event data, follow this process:
- Filter: Narrow down, broaden, or shift your focus on the subset of data of current interest. The top field allows you to input a search query mixing key:value and full-text search.
- Choose the measure or facet: Measure lets you choose the aggregation function whereas facet displays the unique count.
- Aggregate: If you are graphing a measure, select the aggregation function for the measure you want to graph and use a facet to split your graph.
Rollup: Choose the time interval for your graph. Changing the global timeframe changes the list of available timestep values.
Apply additional functions (same as metrics).
Select a visualization
Quick Graphs supports:
Give your graph title
If you do not enter a title, one is automatically generated based on your selections. However, it is recommended that you create a title that describes the purpose of the graph.
Export & share
Click Export to save your work to a Dashboard or Notebook. You can always come back to the editor to change the graph. If want to share a link directly to your graph without a Dashboard or Notebook, click Copy to Clipboard.