How is Datadog retrieving my data? Are my data and credentials safe?
- Traffic is always initiated by the Agent to Datadog. No sessions are ever initiated from Datadog back to the Agent.
- All traffic is sent over SSL.
- All communication to Datadog is via HTTPS.
- The full license agreement.
- The Agent is entirely open source.
- Some installations (for example, installing the Agent on CentOS 5), request your password. The password is needed because it’s installing packages—Datadog does not retain it in any way. You can also use the step-by-step directions if you prefer to see exactly what the script is doing.
See the list of IPs and ports used by Datadog for more information.